Friday, 20 January 2012

My Night In The A&E..


Pneumonia is not a good thing, with a raging fever, it was borderline admittance to the hospital. After the early hours of being in the hospital from 1am till yesterday leaving at 8am, in which blood tests were taken, an X-ray of my chest, the oxygen levels was taken from my arteries and being placed on IV drip, the doctors explained that it was probably Pneumonia. Results from the tests were positive but showed a lower respiratory infection, however the doctors were not sure if it was a viral infection or a bacterial infection, because of the blood tests looking good.


I was prodded and poked so they could get the blood they needed. And just my luck (with an intense fear of needles); the first blood sample clotted after trying to draw from the right hand, resulting in 3 more blood tests, including an oxygen level test from my wrist. The doctor warned me that it was quite painful, however after all the poking by then I felt close to nothing..

After many hours of fever, litres of fluid in my vein, a good dose of antibiotics and being taking care of by amazing personnel of doctors and nurses, I felt much better and insisted on going home. The doctor prescribed: At least three litres of water a-day (due to the fact that I was very dehydrated when I came to the hospital), antibiotics 3 times a day, a bunch of paracetamol and ibuprofen to keep my fever down and R-E-S-T. Thankfully I didn't have to stay and after the first night home, my fever is down and I feel slightly better, hopefully i'll be up and running in NO time :D

Anyone experienced pneumonia before? Anyone with an intense fear of needles that can relate to how I felt? Any good tips for a speedy recovery?


2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I hope you feel better soon:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Nikkky i hope so too :) its been rough, but nice comments like this makes me feel alot better :) Tusen Takk

      Delete